What support and service does Data Projections offer its clients?
With AV integration, the job doesn’t end with installation. AV solutions require ongoing management and maintenance, and users require training. With this support and service in place, your organization will get the maximum return on its AV investment.
Data Projections provides training as part of the standard integration process, though with a maintenance agreement in place, additional training sessions are available. Maintenance agreements also include remote and onsite technical assistance, among several other services.
What kind of training does Data Projections provide?
Training is critical for system adoption, as familiar technology is often preferred technology. Training helps generate this familiarity with the AV solution, so no one is left behind when it goes live. It’s important, though, to have the integrator handle the training for a few reasons, including:
- Tailored training sessions - Everyone adapts to technology at different speeds, so relying on a generalized training approach is likely to frustrate or intimidate some. Experienced AV integrators know this, which is why they tailor their training materials to the audience. If needed, the trainer can speed up or slow down, and adapt their approach on the fly if questions come up.
AV integrators also update their training materials and methods frequently to account for new products, new features or new concerns.
- Training delivered at the department level - AV integrators also fine-tune training sessions for particular departments to improve training efficiency. It’s common for AV integrators to focus training efforts on the client’s IT department, and then allow the company’s IT to train everyone else. Integrators can be flexible in this regard, though, and pick a departmentalized training approach that works best.
For instance, an integrator can train a couple people in each department, and then allow those tech-leaders to bring the rest of the department up to speed. Leveraging existing professional relationships in this way can make the transition more comfortable for employees who would otherwise be hesitant.
- It saves a lot of time - Time is money, and proper AV training will save a lot of it. That’s because AV integrators already have their training materials developed and ready to go. They know what questions and obstacles to anticipate, and have answers ready to go for those, too.
When an organization places the training burden on its IT personnel, its IT department is stressed to develop that training, answer unforeseen questions and organize session times. It’s an inefficient way to get people over the learning curve. That’s one less thing to worry about when an integrator is leading the training.
Why should your organization consider a maintenance agreement with Data Projections?
Following the project’s conclusion, clients can continue support and service through Data Projections with a maintenance agreement. There are a few to choose from, and they may include the following:
- Remote technical assistance - Remote technical assistance can be managed over the phone or through e-mail and is available during standard business hours. Any calls made after hours are returned the next morning. Most maintenance agreements allow for unlimited remote assistance, so there’s always an AV expert one call away.
- Onsite technical assistance - If an issue cannot be resolved remotely, then Data Projections will collect information from the client to help diagnose the problem and dispatch an AV expert to the client’s facilities. Once there, the technician will assess the issue and resolve it.
- Preventative maintenance - Preventative maintenance spots and stops potential performance drags, ensuring your AV solutions are always operating optimally. It’s administered either quarterly or monthly, and the client chooses which equipment to protect in this way, so high value technology is given priority.
- Enhanced warranties - With a maintenance agreement, Data Projections handles both product and system warranties for the client. This includes submitting the equipment to the manufacturer and returning it. Warranties only provide value if they are utilized, and Data Projections ensures they are. Data Projections will also manage the shipping process. If special packaging is needed to ship the equipment, it is provided at no extra charge.
- Troubleshooting - Data Projections can provide support when a client’s network is causing issues with the AV solution. During troubleshooting, Data Projections will work with the client’s IT department or the network provider to maintain optimal reliability and video quality.
- Training - Data Projections includes training with system integration, but with a maintenance agreement, additional training sessions can be added in. This extra training can be used to refresh knowledge on existing features, help integrate new features into workflow or help new hires get used to the system.
Don’t overlook support and service as even the best designed and installed solutions will eventually have their issues. Training and maintenance agreements help keep these issues from emerging and minimizes their impact when they do. Proper support and service is essential to getting the most out of your organization’s AV solution